Initial Concept | The historically significant Main Quadrangle was restored on top of a new underground parking facility following the 1905 Olmsted Brothers plan, with details required for re-constructing the historic landscape on a roof deck.
Lasting Impact | The Harvard Medical School Quadrangle was initially designed by the Olmsted
Brothers between 1900 and 1913, with the main buildings by architects Shepley, Rutan and Coolidge.
The quadrangle is a small but important example of campus design of the early 20th century.
Pressley Associates prepared plans to re-establish the Olmsted Brother design and its accompanying
plant list, while simultaneously accommodating an underground parking facility. In addition, a new
Research Facility was added to the east of the quadrangle as a new, compatible design providing the
garage entry, streetscape, walkways, and the new building entry.Client | Davis Brody & Associates : New York, NY for Harvard University